The Water Laboratory came into operation on August 1, 2009 and is constantly evolving to meet the growing needs of its clientele. The MTWD – Water Laboratory supports the performance pledge of the District to provide S.A.F.E. WATER.
Serve our customers with the utmost respect and dedication imbued with the principles of transparency, integrity and accountability;Adopt and introduce new systems and procedures for continuous efficiency and innovative services; Facilitate inquiries, complaints and ensure immediate action and resolution; and, Embark on customer access to information on policies, programs, procedures, rules and regulations, activities and services.
WATER, our thrust, our service, our commitment…
Schedule of Bacteriological Testing:
Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. No Noon Break
Who May Avail of the Service:
Customers who want to subject their water for bacteriological testing
What are the Requirements:
- Filled-out Bacteriological Form
- Water sample contained in 120ml sterilized sampling bottle provided by MTWD-Water Laboratory or any sterile
- Official Receipt of bacteriological
- Fresh sample transported/stored more than 6 hours
- Sample transported/stored in chest box with ice or gel-packed more than 24 hours for MTFT test and more than 8 hours for HPC
- Inadequate volume (less than 100mL).
- Not properly labelled or insufficient sample identification
- Sample with high chlorine concentration, doubtful, tampered and
Important Reminder: Specimen should be taken on the day it is to be tested. Maximum holding time – 6 hours after sample collection. If specimen can’t be processed within 6 hours after collection, the use of ice coolers for storage of water sample during transport to the laboratory is recommended. The time elapsed between collections and processing should in no case exceed 24 hours
Laboratory Services Fees
|1. MTFT (MULTIPLE TUBE FERMENTATION TECHNIQUES)|
|Presumptive Coliform Test||
|Confirmed Total and Fecal Coliform Test||
|2. HPC (Heterotrophic Plate Count)||
|Authentication Fee of Result
Certificate of water potability
(Applicable only for the directly tapped with MTWD)
Releasing of Results:
Five(5) Working days after submission of water sample/s
No Official Receipt. No Release of Result.
Note: Test procedures are based on Philippine National Standards for Drinking Water (PNSDW) 2007 edition.